Saturday, February 1, 2020

THREE WEDDING RECEPTIONS IN ONE DAY

It has been a long time since I last posted news of me attending wedding receptions. Today, there were three events that I went one after another but this time not of ex-students'.


W E D D I N G    # 1


The wedding of the daughter of Mr. Sahdon Tomin, an ex-colleague of SMK Taman Universiti, Johor Bahru. The reception was held at the school hall of SMK Dato' Mohd Yunos Sulaiman, Pekan Nanas, where he is currently teaching now.








W E D D I N G    # 2


The wedding reception of the daughter of Puan Khaliza Arbaa, an English teacher of SMK Sultanah Engku Tun Aminah. We used to do our job monitoring and supervising the marking of English papers for a national exam for the district. The reception was held at Sultanah Aminah Hospital's Staff's Quarters. I met another friend, Puan Ida Amiza and her family there.











W E D D I N G    # 3



The last wedding reception of the day fortunately started at 5.00 p.m. in Kempas. So I could go home and sleep first, and then woke up and was ready to eat some more.


This was the reception of the son of Puan Hajah Rosliza Taib, the Principal of SMK Uda Utama. I got to know her much earlier when I taught a few of her kids in my English tuition classes many years ago. There were many familiar faces at the event, mostly teachers from other schools.


There were two of my ex-students, Miss Sakinah and Mr. Aiman, and to my delight, they still remember me despite the fact that we are not connected on social media at all.

there was angklung performance but I went back earlier



After leaving the place, then only I realized that Mr. Aiman was actually the bridegroom of the day.




The place was really crowded and I could not stay long. After the three receptions, I am sure I have grown fatter and all my diet plan has already gone down the drain. There goes my new year resolution. 😐

No comments:

Post a Comment