Friday, March 30, 2018

MY PENANG GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - "HAVING BREAKFAST AT ORIGINAL PENANG KAYU NASI KANDAR"


23rd MARCH 2018 ~ I arrived at Penang International Airport quite early, at 9:30 a.m. As planned by the moderator of the gathering, I first met Pn. Sharon Taty Mokhtar at the airport before the moderator herself, Pn. Aishah Aboo Bakar, picked us up in her red Beetle.


We went straight to this restaurant called Original Penang Kayu Nasi Kandar (there must be pirated version of this restaurant)for breakfast while waiting for other members of UPM TESL Class of 1993 of the northern part of the Peninsula to arrive. Therefore, my gastronomic adventure officially started.







First, I had roti canai (paratha), followed by a piece of tosei.




Then there was this vadeh.



Two more members safely secured their seats at the restaurant Puan Fauziah Abdul Rahim and Puan Zur'aiza Abdul Hamid, both from Kedah.


Finally I was forced to try puri, but I was not complaining.



Those were all the varieties of Indian food I had to try before Puan Suhana Abdul Jamal (from Kedah too) and Puan Rozana Sani Abdullah Sani (taking the flight from KL), both accompanied by their sons.

Luckily the boys and I had to be sent to a mosque for our Friday prayer, or else these people would not leave the restaurant, like until forever.

This was just the beginning - there were more people coming to join us later, and to continue eating and roaming the streets of Georgetown.

No comments:

Post a Comment