Monday, October 15, 2018

MY HOMETOWN GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - HAVING COFFEE AT "SEVEN OAKS"


14th OCTOBER 2018 ~ Puan Jamiah Zainal came to SMK Dato' Jaafar to hold a workshop for form 5 students for their upcoming SPM examination. When the session finished at 2.30 p.m., Puan Suhaida, the English Panel Head of the school and I decided to take her for coffee outside. The canteen was already closed by that time actually.


I had been driving past this cafe called "Seven Oaks" located in Taman Pelangi many times already but never had the chance to stop by. This should be the best opportunity for me to try the coffee and cakes there. The tables were already full when we arrived and were offered to sit at the terrace outside the dining hall on the first floor (and there was a lift to get up one level). The waitress told us that the seats were all booked earlier so that should tell us this place was popular.

hazelnut latte
So how was my coffee? I must say my Hazelnut Latte was the best so far. It was thick and creamy but not bitter.



The carrot cake slice was heavenly. You could even see the shredded pieces of carrots in the layers of the cake.


The other cake we tried was Lychee Charcoal Cake. It was not sweet and you could taste the mild but cold lychee in the cream of the cake. I thought the name derived from the colour but a friend told me they really put real charcoal powder in the ingredients. 




















The cafe was beautifully decorated and there were other cakes that you could buy for takeaway on the ground floor. I must come back for more coffee and other cakes some other time and will bring my camera for better photos next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment