Tuesday, October 23, 2018

EXPLORING GEYLANG SERAI NEW MARKET DURING LUNCH TIME


19TH OCTOBER 2018 ~ After performing our Friday Prayer at Siglap Mosque, the bus took us to Geylang Serai New Market for lunch. I however did not feel like eating so I went exploring instead. The last time I came here was on 31st August 2009 - 9 years ago. It was during the fasting month so there was not much to see during the day as the food stalls we all closed.


The market here serves mainly the needs of the Malay and Muslim community so there are many halal eateries at the food court - something that I rarely see in Singapore.










Basically the market here is divided into three sections: the food court on the ground and first floor, the wet market and grocers on the ground floor, and the place to buy clothes and fabrics on the first floor.


The wet market is somewhat very similar to the Larkin Market in Johor Bahru.






























I might want to come back to the market for lunch next time I visit Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment