Sunday, October 7, 2018

MY HOMETOWN GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - A NEW DISCOVERY AT "SELERA JOHOR"


Mr. Shamsul Akmal Shamsuddin, an ex-classmate of Budiman/schoolmate/dormmate of SMS Muar, was in town again as he was accompanying his wife for a work-related matter. As usual, we met up over late lunch and this time, I suggested "Selera Johor" as he had not been here before.


He chose the ever famous "Mee Rebus Johor" but I made a new discovery today I just found out there was a stall selling "Bubur Durian" [read: durian porridge] which was durian cooked in coconut milk and palm sugar and it was eaten with sticky rice here. It was worth the price of only RM6 for quite a big bowl of porridge.


It was just a brief meeting but I am sure we will be meeting again real soon. It is always my pleasure to see an old classmate every time he/she comes to Johor Bahru.

No comments:

Post a Comment