Thursday, October 4, 2018

WATCHING THE FINALS OF THE NATIONAL LEVEL SCHOOL COMBO COMPETITION 2018


28th SEPTEMBER 2018 ~ I went to watch the Finals of the National Level School Combo Competition held at RTM Auditorium in Johor Bahru. I got to know about this event when an old friend from college informed me and her daughter was also taking part.


Five states were chosen to compete in the final round: Sabah, Melaka, Perlis, Johor and Sarawak. These students were all good and they were like professional musicians already. I was truly impressed with their talent and skills playing music.


The auditorium was packed with audience and some had even to stand behind the back row or sit on the stairs.








Melaka emerged the champion and they deserved it. I had recorded some of their performances during the competition and will have to upload the videos on my Youtube channel later.


Zapin dance by students of SK Permas Jaya 1


A capella singers in action

The two performances staged while waiting for the result to be announced were also very entertaining. The first one was an a capella group comprising of secondary school students of various schools from Pasir Gudang district, and the second one a dance number by primary school children of SK Permas Jaya 1. It was worth the time I spent there for the evening.

Congratulations to all the participants, and performers as well and I am sure you have already seen the possible options you should be taking in the future by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment