Thursday, August 8, 2019

THE EX-CLASSMATES' ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING AT JIBBY & CO.


meeting ~ a planned occasion when people come together to discuss something. [dictionary.cambridge.org]


When Pn. Hafizah Mohd. Nor was back in Malaysia from Saudi Arabia for her short break, it was time to hold our annual general meeting with another ex-SMS Muar schoolmate, Pn. Adura Adnan, on 27th July 2019. The last time we all met was last year so we needed the latest updates of things happening around us.


Pn. Adura took us to this hip eating place called Jibby and Co. and NO, it does not belong to that person who has similar socmed nickname, I supposed. We had brunch and we ate food that I had neither seen nor eaten before in my entire life. How I felt young and reincarnated as a social elite.


The restaurant looked chic, the food looked expensive and the people looked happy. This is the kind of place that I would be for only once in a lifetime.








The place was brightly lit as the glass panel wall allowed sun shine to go through and at the same time, there were a lot of green plants kept inside. Somehow this made me feel like I was dining in a greenhouse.








There were just too many things that needed to be discussed so the meeting was then adjourned to the next mall building, the Empire, for cake and coffee at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.




That was one long session of brunch and then an early tea in one meeting. Unfortunately I had to be at another venue for yet another get together session or else we would continue with dinner. It was great to see ex-schoolmates once in a blue moon and it was not easy to meet the people from this circle of friends. Thanks Pn. Hafizah Mohd. Nor and Pn. Adura Adnan for the food and the company and we shall see each other again next year hopefully for another AGM.





*FOOTNOTE: I saw an ex-student of SMK Taman Universiti (SPM batch 2008, Mr. Idzham Ibrahim, climbing up the stairs with his friend. This should be one place I would least expect to meet my student. Well, it's a small world after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment