Sunday, June 17, 2012

THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY


This was the last museum of the day - The National Museum of Natural History. Free entry for a world class museum. For parents thinking of taking their kids for a holiday, actually Washington DC will be a good choice as there are many places which are educational in nature that can be visited free of charge.


Once inside, I was first greeted by an elephant at the lobby - another figure that could be seen coming alive in the movie "Night at the Museum" and the elephant was itself an attraction to the visitors. How would I describe the museum? Just too many things to see but too little time. I hope I will be able to come back for more.

 
the museum building, the entrance
and the foyer
crowd
some of the crowd
dead animals on display
animal2
... and more animals
bones1
bones and skeletons
bones2
.... more bones and skeletons
men
the forefathers?
skeleton
skeletons in abundance
stones1
stones: raw and processed
stones2
every woman's best friends
whale
having a whale of a time

I spent about 3 hours here and I believed there were exhibits that I had missed. And I could not take all the interesting exhibits as there were too many of them. But still, I had had a whale of  a time there and felt much wiser and knowledgeable upon leaving.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Teacher Zainal....how I wished we have something like this in our own country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. unless someone really put a lot of effort for a world class museum, that is not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete