Tuesday, June 12, 2012

OBSERVING AND ADMIRING THE BUILDINGS OF WASHINGTON DC

"Architecture in general is frozen music"
Friedrich von Schelling

When I go on a holiday trip, one of the activities that I do is just walking and admiring the beautiful buildings of a place. Washington D.C. reminded me a lot of Berlin, where I could see gigantic but impressive structures in one place. There were just too many of them, I could not register which building was which. In my effort to label the pictures, after I googled, I could only manage to get three. After some time, as many of them have the similar roman pillars design, they now all look almost the same.

By the way, do you know that there is a regulation that does not allow a building to exceed the height of 110 feet in Washington D.C.? Hence, there is no skyscraper will be visible in the skyline, for security reasons.

Treasury Building
Old Executive Office Building (front view)
Jose Artigas statue

Federal Reserve Building

No comments:

Post a Comment