Saturday, June 18, 2016

THE WALKING TOUR IN TAIPEI - STOPPING FOR ICE-CREAM

[CONTINUATION FROM PART 1 AND PART 2]



After the long walk under the hot summer sun, we were taken to an ice-cream parlour which was situated on the first floor of a block of old shop houses building. Even the decor of the ice-cream shop was classic - with all the wooden benches, stools and walls. Even the shop counter was made from pieces of wood.


I opted for mango-flavoured ice-cream. We were told there were varieties of home-made ice-cream flavours here including ones which I had never heard before, like salty and chicken with sesame oil ice-cream. The girl from Amsterdam chose hibiscus flavour, while the Vietnamese girl from San Diego had pork floss ice-cream.






















So did I rate my mango ice-cream? It was not too sweet and creamy, it tasted just like original mango. The best ice-cream ever. It was a bit expensive though. For a scoop, it cost about NT120 so it was like having Baskin Robbin's ice-cream.

The man who operated the shop even thanked me in Korean as we were going out because I was wearing a t-shirt with a Korean flag on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment