Monday, July 22, 2019

ATTENDING AN "AQIQAH" EVENT AFTER SCHOOL


21st JULY 2019 ~ I was invited by Mr. Ahmad Firdaus Ahmad Shahlan [SPM batch 2001] to attend his sister's aqiqah event which was done to welcome the arrival of her new bundle of joy into the family. Coincidentally. Firdaus is married to his schoolmate, Puan Noor Al-Iman Madzlan [also of SPM batch 2001]. So I have already a few ex-students in just one family. It was held at their parents' house in Kampung Melayu Kangkar Pulai.


*NOTE: AQIQAH is an event held to show gratefulness for a baby being born. Usually an animal like a goat will be slaughtered and cooked for guests. At the same time, there are prayers, hoping for a blessed life for the baby.


I was not expecting for another reunion session of ex-students SMK Taman Universiti to take place as I arrived quite late but it happened. So there were Ms. Irma Marlis [SPM 2004] and her younger sister Ms. Minarti Marlis [SPM 2006] and I joined at at the table after getting my food.




Then I met Ms. Raubiyah and an ex-colleague, Puan A'liah Hussein inside the house.




Before going back, Dr. Syazni Rosli [SPM batch 2002] whom I had not met since she left SMKTUN in form four, arrived with her family.

I got to thank Mr. Firdaus for inviting me and he will be going back to Saudi soon. It was an afternoon after school well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment