Thursday, July 4, 2019

REUNION SESSIONS IN SEGAMAT WITH EXES


I was in Segamat from 22nd to 24th June 2019 for an official duty. Being me, I always try to kill two birds with one stone, hence reunion sessions were set in between breaks when I managed to squeeze out and away from the students.


The first one was with an ex-student of SMK Taman Universiti SPM batch 2002, Mr. Shamsul Nahar. He is now teaching in one of the secondary schools there and was kind enough to drive all the way from Labis which is about 30-minute away by car to see in town. We went to get "teh tarik" (tea with milk) and toasts at Segamat Railway Station at about 5.30 p.m.



Segamat's cat #1

Segamat's cat #2


playing tourist in Segamat



Much later in the evening, which was after 10.00 p.m., an ex-colleague and also one of the teacher pioneers of SMK Taman Universiti came to fetch me at the hotel. Lucky enough he saw my check-in on Facebook and called me to set for a supper date.


This should be the longest session when we managed to sit down and chat. Before this, we just rubbed shoulders in one or two department's official events. It was just a short gathering but hope to see Mr. Rosli Puteh some other time in the future.


It was a fruitful trip to Segamat with these two get together sessions. Two birds were killed and I was one happy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment