Tuesday, July 16, 2019

ATTENDING A WEDDING RECEPTION IN BUKIT GAMBIR


13th JULY 2019 ~ I was in Sungai Mati for the state level chess competition. Coincidentally, a colleague of SMK Dato Jaafar was having her brother's wedding reception in Bukit Gambir, which was not that far away. I managed to get someone to drive me there from the competition venue, hence two birds were again killed with one stone.


We arrived at the hall in our team jerseys which should have caught the attention of the other guests but we just did not have any choice. The event was held at the school of SK Simpang Lima Pekan, Tangkak.


We were among the early birds and there were not many people in the hall yet. Food was aplenty and I was free to walk around and take photos.






There were extra tents outside for the guests and booths for other food like fried noodles and "Jamal Kunto".









Jamal Kunto - deep fried flour eaten hot with
sweet/spicy groundnuts gravy


karaoke-ing under the canopy







Thanks to my colleague, Puan Norhidayah Othman, for inviting and I was glad that I had made it to the reception. I have doubt I will be invited and attending another wedding reception in Bukit Gambir again.


No comments:

Post a Comment