Wednesday, January 15, 2020

MY YANGON GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - EATING BREAKFAST LIKE A LOCAL


14th DECEMBER 2019 ~ We managed to find a restaurant, named Asia Tea House, to eat breakfast like a local. This halal eating place was actually recommended by a man I met at the mosque earlier. We had to make sure the tummy must be filled as we would be exploring Yangon the whole day.


The first plate that arrived was filled with samosa, something that looked a steamed flat bun and fried shredded potato.


The main meal was the paratha/flat bread. Or was it chapati?




One thing that I love about Yangon (and Mandalay) was their milk tea. It was so delicious and we guessed fresh milk was added to the drink to make it creamier. However, tea was served in a very small cup there. I think I could drink three to four cups of it at one go.


Chinese tea was also put on each table in the restaurant. I am not sure whether it was complimentary or we had to pay for it.








You could also choose to sit on the walkway outside the restaurant by the roadside to enjoy your food.




There was another halal restaurant just beside Asia Tea House. Unfortunately we did not get to visit the place so I guess I will be back to try the food there next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment