Monday, January 13, 2020

THE MOSQUES IN YANGON


14th DECEMBER 2019 ~ There were Muslim communities in Yangon, as well as mosques and halal food. The first mosque we saw was Bengali Sunni Jameh Mosque right opposite Sule Pagoda. This place however was only opened during prayer times I supposed as the shutter of the entrance was always down.







That morning I was lucky though as I saw someone was about to enter the mosque through the half-closed shutter. I quickly ran to him, greeted him and asked his permission to enter the mosque. He happily granted my request and happily welcomed me inside.
























I must say it was just a small mosque but the holy building was in good hands. It was clean and well taken care of.


The second mosque I came across was Mogul Shiah Jaamay Masjid which was actually near to the first mosque. The building was locked and I just snapped the photos from outside the gate.




When I am on a foreign land where the Muslims are the minority, it is always an excitement to be able to visit a mosque. It makes me feel safe and secure. It makes me feel at home.

[MY MYANMAR TRIP MAIN PAGE]

No comments:

Post a Comment