Wednesday, November 22, 2023

ACS METHODIST IPOH REVISITED


26TH AUGUST 2023 ~ After 30 years, I came back to the school where I did my practical teaching from March to May 1993. I was sent to ACS Methodist School in Ipoh when I was doing my B. Ed. TESL course in Universiti Pertanian Malaysia [UPM], an all boys' school which was then located just beside the Ipoh Bus Station known as Medan Kidd.


Founded in 1895, ACS Methodist Ipoh should now be 128 years old. This was a missionary school that was built when we were still under the British occupation. The buildings made you feel like you were visiting a school in England.






























I met a teacher of the school that Saturday morning and we had a small chat.






I was actually accompanied by Mr. Radin Mohd. Hafiz, an ex-student of SMK Taman Universiti, who is currently working and staying in Ipoh.








The surrounding area sure had changed a lot, and the Medan Kidd Bus Station was not the spot where it used to be. This time I saw the school's architecture was more impressive, something that I did not observe when I was teaching there back in 1993.


It was nostalgic to get back to the place where I started my career as a teacher in a real school. I just hope I would be able to meet ex-students whom I taught when they were in Form One back then. I guess they must be 44 years old already.

No comments:

Post a Comment