Wednesday, October 2, 2019

A MORNING WALK ALONG SISOWATH QUAY - PART ONE


15th AUGUST 2019 ~ I had visited almost all of the major attractions in the city so it was time to explore the city itself in the morning. I had been walking along this stretch of Sisowath Quay since the day I arrived in Phnom Penh but it was late in the afternoon or in the evening. It was a recreational walkway by Tonle Sap River where people walked, jogged or just sat there, spending their time after work. There were a lot of mobile street vendors selling mostly food items or toys for children.


I was there on a weekday so the place was not crowded as it was in the afternoon. The sky was blue and the sun was shining bright [READ: very hot].




This place was a touristy spot where many foreigners could be found. The buildings overlooking the Mekong River had a French touch to its architecture.


I had been walking for about 2 kilometres along this quay one way. This was also the easiest route to get to the night market from the Royal Palace or National Museum.
































Guess what this couple was doing by the river? They were actually releasing live fish into the water and then I saw them praying. I think it was similar to the act of freeing birds from the cage.















If you are wondering what this man was doing there, he was actually washing his clothes. I guess "do not wash your dirty linen in public" did not apply at Sisowath Quay.

More interesting things I found at the Quay in Part 2.


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post.

    Really enjoyed reading it and it held my attention all the way through! Keep it up.

    Read my Latest Post

    ReplyDelete