Sunday, October 20, 2019

VISITING CAMBODIA POST OFFICE IN PHNOM PENH


15th AUGUST 2019 ~ I was here neither to post any letters or pay any bills. The Cambodia Post Office in Phnom Penh was a proof of how a post office building could be turned into a tourist attraction. A lesson learnt: preserve old buildings, not destroy.


The post office was built by a French town planner and architect in 1863.




Even the interior decor looked classy and classic.


There were not many people in the building the two times I was there.






















I found a stamp exhibition at one spot of the post office. I spent quite some time browsing through the flip boards. I used to be an avid stamp collector when I was younger but I have stopped doing that a long time ago.








There was no postman to be seen around. If not I would have asked him for a selfie. I had a similar experience when I was in Ho Chi Ming city many years back [READ HERE]. I guess we should also make our post office a attraction for tourists.

[M Y   P H N O M   P E N H    V I S I T   M A I N   P A G E]

No comments:

Post a Comment