Tuesday, October 15, 2019

OF THE REGULAR NASI AYAM PENYET AND A HIPSTER CAFE'S COFFEE



When Puan Wan Aisyah Wan Haris, a friend of UPM TESL class of 1993, announced that she was in town in the morning, a dinner date was quickly set. She was here just for one night because of a work-related matter. Hence, the gastronomic adventure continued.


I just took her to try "Nasi Ayam Penyet" [translate: smashed-chicken rice] at an eating place I am familiar with i.e. L.C. Katering.



spot the camouflaged cat

a live band



It was still early so we adjourned for coffee at a hipster cafe in Kampung Melayu called JBorn Cafe. I wanted to have real coffee but this place focused more on western food instead. I had a feeling that the coffee I had was a premixed 3-in-1 instant coffee powder. It was my first time there even though I had passed by in front of the cafe all the time. There is always a first time and at least now I know what I should go there for.

seriously?



We even tried its salsa nachos as we wanted something light to go with the coffee. It was nachos with grated cheese and tomato cubes so it was a bit sourish. Guess it was not that light but today would be a cheat day. Yesterday was also a cheat day for me. *sigh*

the cafe won an award





There was a large crowd when we were there and this should be an indicator whether an eating place is highly rated or not.


Anyway, I hope that my friend had enjoyed the dinner and coffee after that. It is always an honour to entertain old friends who are here in town. Thank your for the time and company and will see you when I see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment