Sunday, October 13, 2019

SEEING MORE OF PHNOM PENH ON A TUK TUK TRISHAW


15th AUGUST 2019 ~ As I thought I had completed all the visits to top tourists attractions in Phnom Penh, I decided to try the Heritage Tour so I could see parts of the city I might have missed. There was a bus tour by the same company but it was not available in the afternoon so the tuk tuk would do.


On the tuk tuk, I was given a tablet and a pair of earphones which would provide information at all the spots where we stopped. In a way, my tour around the city was informative as I got to know more about Phnom Penh and its history.


Basically, Phnom Penh was historically divided into three sections: the French sector (Cambodia was once a colony of the French), the Chinese sector and another one I could not remember. There were old buildings, many of which were still in good condition while a few had already been abandoned or was still in restoration process.





the Indochina Bank


the post office


the Grand Hotel/Manolis Hotel


the former police station






the Chinese House


the Chinese Hokkien Temple




the Nagas Bridge


Wat Phnom




the Raffles Hotel


Railway Station





I could actually get down from the tuk tuk and explore more but I did that at only a few spots. The day temperature was a bit too hot for me and I had walked for quite a distance in the morning so I was a bit exhausted.

Central Market



The whole tour took about two hours. I would recommend this as an option to explore the city and learn more about the history.

Do visit Phnom Penh Heritage Tour for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment