Sunday, October 6, 2019

A MORNING WALK ALONG SISOWATH QUAY - PART TWO



15th AUGUST 2019 ~ The spot opposite the Royal Palace, just across the road, attracted a lot of pigeons and people were seen buying the food for the birds to feed them. I saw people doing this as well in the afternoon, so it was some sort of a pastime here.






Then there was these two small temples/wats and people were flocking that area. I could even hear traditional Khmer music being played and then I saw a live band playing nearby. People came here to pray or carry out a religious ritual.




There were street vendors selling all kinds of things but mostly food or items that would be brought for the religious ceremony.





little birds for sale































One thing I remember doing when I was there was drinking a lot of plain water. The weather was hot and if only sweat that was produced from all the walking was an indication that fat had been burned, I must be a slim person by now.




I must say my favourite drink in Phnom Penh was the sugar cane drink. When the sugar cane was pressed in the machine, half a lime was added and that made it VERY tasty. It was very cheap - about USD 0.50 (RM2) per glass. If I were to go back there again, I would make sure I would drink sugar cane water every day.

And here is a video recorded when I was observing the religious activities at the Quay.





No comments:

Post a Comment