Wednesday, October 16, 2019

VISITING THE NATIONAL LIBRARY OF CAMBODIA


15th AUGUST 2019 ~ One of the pit stops of the Heritage Tour on Tuk Tuk was the National Library of Cambodia. This was another historical site and the library was officially opened 1924. Only 20% of the books were saved from being destroyed by the Khmer Rouge regime.


I even went into the building and was a given a green light by the lady librarian to take photos inside. There were not many people inside so I could walk around freely. It was a library with an old French architecture with old furniture.
























I did not have a lot of time in the building as the Tuk Tuk driver was waiting for me outside. I once had the ambition of being a librarian so I could read all the books there. If you want to find peace, one of the places you should go to is definitely the library and wish I have more time to do that.

[M Y   P H N O M   P E N H    V I S I T   M A I N   P A G E]

No comments:

Post a Comment