Monday, September 12, 2022

WHEN KUCHING WAS THE PLACE WHERE I WANTED TO BE

Kuching, Sarawak, was chosen as my holiday destination for the school holiday this time round. This was my third time in the city but I really wanted to revisit this place as my first time there, it was of a school trip [most probably in 2001] and I did not even remember what actually happened during the trip and the second time was because of a conference I had to attend. I was a real tourist in Kuching finally.


WHY KUCHING?
FIRST: I managed to get cheap return tickets JHB-KCH-JHB for RM230++. And that was like 2 months before the date of excursion. SECOND: I managed to get a partner in crime for the adventure. Mr. Solihin Ramli, an ex-student of Asrama Semai Bakti Felda, instantaneously agreed when I proposed to him. Having a young person as a companion helped a lot as he was the one who planned the itinerary, booked the car for  us to rent and was the driver of the whole trip. I, on the other hand, bought the flight tickets, booked the hotel and listed down the local food and the eating places. THIRD: I know Kuching had a lot to offer and the trip this time would be an extensive tour of the city.

We were lucky as we were on board on the earliest plane at 6:00 a.m. on Monday, 5th September 2022, and the last flight at 9:50 p.m. on Thursday, 8th September. In other words, we had 4 full days to roam around and get to know the city. And it is my pleasure to share with you the experiences and adventure throughout our stay there. And this will be one very long and continuous posts, just like the endless telenovelas you watch on television or Netflix. You have been warned!


warm and friendly locals

unique and diverse culture of different ethnics


picturesque nature, untouched


glorious, glorious food


buildings of traditional and modern architecture


LINKS TO MY OTHER POSTS

KUCHING DAY ONE
Visiting Orangutan at Semenggoh Wildlife Centre [Part 1] [Part 2]
Hoan Gallery [Part 1] [Part 2]

KUCHING DAY TWO
Sarawak Cultural Village [PART 1] [PART 2] [PART 3] [PART 4]

KUCHING DAY THREE

KUCHING DAY FOUR

No comments:

Post a Comment