Sunday, June 27, 2010

16TH JUNE - EXPLORING LONDON ON THE HOP ON, HOP OFF BUS

the Hop On, Hop Off Bus

The second day in London, I was ready to explore the city. By paying GBP26, I could get on the Hop On, Hop Off bus and get to the interesting places that must be visited by tourists. On this bus, I was given a map and a set of earphones. So when the bus stopped anywhere, it was up to me whether to get off or not, so what I had to do was to plug in the earphones and listen to the commentaries that were available in 8 languages, and at the same time look at the map and the surrounding on my right and left, and decide where to go. So, when I was done at one spot, I would get back to the place where the bus had dropped me earlier and wait for one more of the many buses that kept moving along the route to get to another destination.

London Bridge


Tower of London


the cruise boat


There were just too many places to visit so it would be quite impossible to stop at all these spots. I boarded the first bus at about 8:45 a.m. so I could make full use of the time because the service ended at about 6:00 p.m. and the bus moved quite slow as the traffic was quite bad in London. I decided to get down at the Tower of London because from here I could get on the boat for the river cruise on Thames River, which was included in the package. (A separate entry will be posted for the view from the Thames River)






Parliament House and Big Ben





Westminster Abbey


Buckingham Palace


... and the monument in front of it


Harrods Shopping Centre





V&A Museum

Again, all these photographs were taken for me by strangers I met. I guess I was corteous and sweet enough to make them do this for me happily. So enjoy the photos of some of the places that I had been to around London. Just too lazy to write because I myself am not so sure about the details of the venue to write a lengthy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment