Sunday, August 5, 2018

MEETING AN OLD FRIEND WHO CAME ALL THE WAY FROM KUALA TERENGGANU


4th AUGUST 2018 ~ When Puan Mahiran Mohd. Noor messaged me telling she would be in Johor Bahru for some official matters, I knew I had to meet her after not seeing each other for almost 25 years. She is a TESL friend from Universiti Pertanian Malaysia and we had not met since graduation.


This was her very first time in Johor Bahru and she was putting up the night at a homestay at Taman Pulai Utama, which was somewhere not that distant from my house.


It was just a short meeting for a barter trade session - she passed to me frozen "keropok lekor" from the East Coast and some local/traditional snacks from me. Hope to see her again some other time in the future so we could chat longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment