Thursday, August 16, 2018

ROOMMATES REUNITED - AFTER 28 YEARS


28 years ago when I was in my second year of Matriculation, I had a roommate in 4th College, Universiti Pertanian Malaysia. However, we shared a room only for a year and after he graduated, we were just too busy with our own lives and had no contact whatsoever. Communication technology was not that advanced at that era. Then we got connected again on Facebook, and after that Whatsapp but we still rarely communicated, what more to have the chance to get to see each other.

introducing the famous Kacang Pool Haji in Larkin

Today, when he sent me his location in town via Whatsapp, I quickly responded. Initially, I was not sure setting up a meeting could be possible as we both had a tight schedule these few days - he with his training and I with all my regular school-related activities. I guess NOW would have to be the moment as there could not be no other opportunity to be reunited again. It was definitely worth the effort. 28 years is a long period but he has not changed a bit.

Thanks Mr. Luqman M. Said for the short rendezvous, and really hope to see you again some other time in the future - either in JB or KL.

No comments:

Post a Comment