Sunday, June 16, 2024

MY KEPALA BATAS GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE WITH AN OLD FRIEND


31ST MAY 2024 ~ One of the friends I contacted when I traveled up north would be an old friend, Mr. Asrulnizam. We got connected when we went to mark PMR English Examination Papers long time ago. At that time, we were much younger so we clicked easily as there were many older people around and the friendship lasts until today.




 Mr. Asrulnizam took me to this place called Nasi Sila Lahar Kepar, which was one long name for a restaurant. This eating place served the usual typical dinner Malay style, white rice with choices of dishes of vegetables and meat. The specialty of this restaurant would be its fried chicken that came out straight from the boiling hot oil in the hot pan.




When we arrived before 8:30 p.m. the place was quite empty. It was raining while we were on our way and then it got heavier while we were enjoying our meal.


Then the rain stopped and a bigger crowd started to fill in the dining area. This must be a popular eating spot in this area, I supposed.




I got to thank Mr. Asrulnizam one more time for taking me out for my gastronomic adventure that evening. He actually just arrived home that afternoon after a few days vacation in South Thailand with his family. Yet, he still persisted to bring me out for dinner.

And that was not yet the end of my gastronomic adventure in Kepala Batas with my old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment