Thursday, June 20, 2024

TRYING THE POPULAR MEE UDANG SUNGAI DUA


1st JUNE 2024 ~ My gastronomic adventure in Kepala Batas continued after attending the wedding reception in the afternoon [READ HERE]. This time, an ex-classmate of Budiman class [of SMS Muar] fetched me at the hotel and brought me to this restaurant called Restoran Aur Gading located in Sungai Dua which should be famous for its Mee Udang [TRANSLATE: Prawn Noodles]. I was told that Sungai Dua is already in Butterworth district, not Kepala Batas.


When we arrived for dinner at about 7:00 p.m., the place was quite empty. There were people but the dining area was big. And it was raining heavily when we were ready to order our food.












Of course, we had the famous Mee Udang and my friend was very happy to finally get the food he was craving for.








One could also get fresh seafood to be cooked here.

The Mee Udang was good, and it tasted much better when someone paid it for you. 😀

I have to thank Mr. Shamsul Akmal Shamsuddin and wife for kindly taking me here for dinner, which was something I had never expected and had no chance to say "No" when told about the plan at the reception. And thanks also for the treat. I wonder when will our next gastronomic adventure be after this as they are residing in Bangi and seldom come to Johor Bahru anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Panjang umur boleh repeat sini lagi 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kat sini boleh, kat tempat lain pun boleh jugak :)

      Delete