Thursday, September 22, 2016

MOVIE REVIEW - "KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS"


I was glad I took the effort to go to the cinema right after school to watch this movie: "Kubo and the Two Strings". Another animation movie which indirectly illustrates the value of love and compassion. A beautiful picture, story line and soundtrack. Even though the story looked like as if it was adapted from a Japanese folktale, it was an original screenplay.


The theme song of the movie "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is actually an old song which has been given the oriental touch with the usage of traditional Japanese musical instrument called Shamisen. The song was composed by George Harrison and was sung by the Beatles, but it sounded so contemporary and unique, and the melody is going to be stuck in my head for quite some time.



Thank God, I did not choose "The Train to Busan" even though I hope I will visit Busan one day.

Hurry up, go and watch Kubo! Just go!

No comments:

Post a Comment