Sunday, April 12, 2020

MY COLLECTIBLES: POTTED BOUGAINVILLEA PLANTS


The weather is now quite hot actually and it should be the best time for my potted bougainvillae flowers to bloom at the same time.



In Malay, the flowers are called "Bunga Kertas" or paper flower if translated directly. It could be because of the texture and the thickness of the petals which are similar to a piece of thin paper.























The striking and multi-coloured display is something you could feast your eyes on. I even had strangers stopping by the roadside and stepping inside the house compound just to admire the myriad of colours longer. Unfortunately, the flowers would not last long and soon they would all drop off from the branches and I am so ready to sweep them away. 

So, enjoy the nature's gift while you still can. I do that every day without fail.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! It is such and Amazing sight for my eyes! It is Inspiring to see the Dedication you have for planting those beautiful flowers! Your passion and willingness to garden really fills me with Awe. Continue what you are doing! N.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. actually it is like a tradition, i am continuing what my late mother had done to the house.

      Delete