Wednesday, April 8, 2020

THE DAY I FELL VICTIM TO ONLINE BUSINESS ON THE INTERNET


One of the most sought after items in the market now are the face masks. It is almost impossible to get them from any stores or pharmacies so the only available option is to order them online. Being a desperado, I bought two boxes of face masks from Lazada hoping that could solve my problem of having a shortage of personal protective gear.



From the advertisement it is stated that one box should contain 50 pieces of face masks. With all the (great) discount and free postage, I only paid RM78.00 for 100 pieces of face masks which should be considered cheap.



The package arrived this afternoon. It was alright the parcel arrived (very) late as we know because of the present situation, there are overwhelming demands for online deliveries. HOWEVER, try and guess how many face masks did I receive? Only twenty. Yes, TWENTY!




I was cheated and I had the right to be angry but being angry would not take me anywhere. The most important thing is I have to notify others not to fall victims to this company selling the products. FIRST, I wrote a review on the company's page once I was able to do that. There were two other customers who had written similar complaints a few days/hours earlier.


SECOND, I got connected with Lazada staff via its live chat on the website to lament about my unfortunate day. When you were at this stage, a high level patience was required as you would need to queue to wait for your turn to speak to a real human being on the other side. Finally I was connected and talked to someone using the name Asmawi a.k.a Mawi. When ask for a possible solution, he suggested I return the items bought to the seller. That would be something I wouldn't do during the MCO period. It would be a hassle to go out just to send them back to the scoundrels. I am a good citizen of the country and I have been out of my house only twice so far.


When I informed him of my THIRD plan which is to lodge a report to KPDNHEP, the abbreviation of the Ministry of Consumers' Affair, he forwarded me a form to be filled and submitted. I even found the form confusing but I still completed and sent it anyway.


And I am still considering of submitting a report to the Ministry of Consumers' Affair after this.




I guess that is all that I could do. At least I have tried.

Lastly, let us all pray together - may God repay all the deeds of the evil and heartless people who are involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment