Saturday, April 11, 2020

THE FARMING ACTIVITY MUST GO ON DURING THE MCO PERIOD


We were informed yesterday the Movement Control Order would be extended for the next phase to fight against the COVID-19. Quick action must be taken so that I will have something to do for the next 17 days onward. So let's experiment more as I still have packets of unopened vegetables seeds in the drawer. I am planting Angle Luffa [Malay: Petola] and Angle Bean (printed on the packets) but I check the Internet, it is called Winged Bean [Malay: Kacang Botol, or is it Kacang Botor?]

winged beans seeds


luffa seeds


the luffa seeds went into this



the winged beans seeds safely planted
Now I shall religiously observe every single day if any new shoots would protrude out of the soil.


If you are wondering, how is the progress of my previous attempt sowing the seeds of the lady fingers and long beans [READ HERE],  here are the results after 18 days. Nothing happened in the DIY pot containing the long beans seeds BUT three small plants popped out in the lady's fingers container. Let's pray they will grow strong and healthy so I can transfer them into bigger pots.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is amazing! I really do hope your plants grow strong and healthy! I can just imagine the deep sense of accomplishment when you are able to reap what you have sowed and taken care of with such dedication!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the support and encouragement :)

      Delete