Friday, November 13, 2020

BOOK REVIEW - JODI PICOULT'S "THE PACT"


I challenged myself to read a book and finish it - and it was a success. In a way, a strong will would be the most important factor to finish up the whole novel when there were other temptations, especially the internet.


    This was a story of two families and the parents were close friends, and their children, Chris and Emily, who were once childhood friends established a serious relationship as they grew older and were about to leave high school. One day, Emily was found dead, shot - either a suicide or murder. Chris was the only suspect as he was the only person beside Emily when it happened. The question is: did Chris kill Emily, the love of his life, or did Emily take her own life? It would not be logical as the two were deeply in love. At the same time, Emily was actually 11-week pregnant and the fact was only revealed after the autopsy. As usual, there was the courtroom drama in the last one third of the book, so you have to read it to find out the answer.

I have taken out another book from the shelf, and if I manage to read more, I am going to the new bookshop in Sunway Bigbox to get new books for myself. Hopefully I will be motivated with the reward put on hold.


This should be my 11th Picoult's novel I have read. Here's the list of her other books read before.

(1) Change of Heart
(2) My Sister's Keeper
(3) Plain Truth
(4) House Rules
(5) Picture Perfect
(6) Perfect Match
(7) Mercy
(8) Keeping Faith
(9) Lone Wolf
(10) Sing You Home

No comments:

Post a Comment