Tuesday, November 24, 2020

HAVING LUNCH AT ANJUNG SELATAN AND MEETING THE RESTAURATEURS


The teachers had to come to school today to hand in their teach-from-home lesson plans. It should be the best time to have lunch again in a big group again with colleagues. I had another in-house session to attend at 2:30 p.m. so we had to choose an eating place near the school so I could back to school on time. The place that came across my mind was Anjung Selatan.


As I stepped inside the restaurant, I saw someone familiar who was eating. It was Mr. Solihin Mohd. Noor [SPM batch 2004], an ex-student of SMK Taman Universiti, who is also one of the restaurateurs of the place. There were also two other ex-students, Mr. Khairi, the business partner, and Mr. Khairil's younger brother, one of the staff there.


My first visit to this place was like 8 months ago when MCO was first started, and I had takeaway at that time.


We were actually late for lunch and there were less choices of food to choose from. My favourite dish here would be "Lemak Daging Salai" [grilled beef in coconut milk gravy] but the signature dish would be "Ikan Patin Masak Lemak" - a kind of fish also in coconut milk gravy.













The food was good but when you know the boss of the place, you got extra special treatment. Thank you Mr. Solihin, Mr. Khairi and Mr. Shahril for the hospitality and I pray that you will be more successful in your future endeavour in this food business.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment