Sunday, April 4, 2021

GETTING MY VERY FIRST SWAB TEST


I am quite sure I have been having a tonsillitis - the tonsil gets infected and swollen. However, I need to get it clinically proven as I have to enter classes tomorrow and I could not take the risk to harm other people, what more with the slight cough and runny nose.

I went to this one clinic and I was told that I need to do the swab test with the symptoms in order to see the doctor - which left me with no choice. I drove to the back of the clinic, waited for the door to open and to be called for the test. The doctor and the staff were behind the counter and the doctor manoeuvred the test kits by moving his hands which were  securely covered in the rubber gloves. Then the sample from the nose and mouth was put on a piece of white card and we waited for about one minute - and the result: NEGATIVE. Then only I was allowed to see the doctor face to face for consultation.


WAS THE SWAB TEST PAINFUL? I once suffered the pain when renal stones were stuck in the ureter and got them removed eventually so the swab test was actually nothing compared to the earlier experience I had had. Do not get traumatized easily by what you see and read on the social media as negative stories were always highlighted and sensationalized. In fact, the test I received was not painful at all. The stick used for the swab was a fine plastic rod and looked flexible. I wonder if they had used a better kit this time. The whole thing cost me RM120 and you could get the result on the spot. This was the RTK, Rapid Antigen Swab Test that could be different from the other test that was done on people who were the close contacts of a C-19 patient.

I walked out of the clinic with my antibiotics and other medicine, and no MC. I will have to go to school and guess I can scold people again tomorrow.

Take care of your health everybody and stay negative. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment