Thursday, April 15, 2021

VISITING RAMADHAN BAZAAR AT KAMPUNG MELAYU


Ramadhan Bazaar is back. There was no bazaar last year because of the pandemic. This year, permission is given for the bazaar to operate with strict SOPs supposedly. The first day I came, there were just too many people and social/physical distancing was not observed. Yesterday, when I was passing by this area, I saw a long line forming at the entrance so I guess actions must have been taken to address this issue.


I was there as early as 4:00 p.m. right after school so as to avoid the crowd. There was already a queue forming at the check in "counter" and the staff on duty were more serious this time and allowed only a few people to get into the bazaar area at one time.


At the time I was there, everything looked under control and people were not yet arriving in huge number. They must have not got back from work yet and at the same time, it was raining. The only way to be safe would be to visit the bazaar as early as possible but some sellers were still setting up their stalls.
















I got the curry puffs I was looking for and the rain was about to get heavier so I made my way home quickly. I would have to be more adventurous and visit other bazaars nearby next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment