Tuesday, June 9, 2020

EID THROWBACK SERIES - 2003

I managed to get a few photos scanned in the process of cleaning my book shelves and found this collection of pics taken during Eid back in 2003 - 17 years ago. As you can see, the photos are not of good quality but good memories are still preserved. They were taken with cameras which required films to be developed later at the photo shop and the colours had been fading or become reddish.


My students had been visiting me during the month of Eid much earlier before the invention of smart phones and Grab cars. It was not easy back then to get to my place from Taman Universiti. They had to take two buses - from Taman Universiti to the city and then get another bus to my house. It must be the excitement to go for Eid visit with friends and without the prying eyes of the parents. Those who were in their senior forms would ride their motorcycles and would experience less hassle of traveling.




























I also had a group of students of SMK Kempas who came visiting. I was teaching them English for their Form 3 extra classes which were held in school at night for 2 hours twice a week.

Well, some people I still see at least once a year during Eid, some stay connected via Facebook while some have completely disappeared. And I could not even remember some people's names anymore.

There are still many more old photos to be scanned and published real soon. School is not going to start yet and I will have the time to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment