Saturday, June 20, 2020

FINALLY GETTING MY BURASAK ON THE 27th DAY OF EID


19th JUNE 2020 ~ I was at Puan Jainah's [an ex-colleague of SMK Taman Universiti] house in Mutiara Rini to get the anchovies I ordered a long time ago but was invited to come into the house. The hosts were kind enough to serve me Burasak and its accompanying dishes and eventually my craving for this particular food was sated.


Burasak is a traditional cuisine of Bugis people and it is something that I could not easily get at my place. I used to go to Pasar Tani [something like a morning market held once a week] just to buy Burasak and another type of food called Lepat Lui, and the market has ceased operation since the spread of COVID-19 virus.




Thanks Puan Jainah and family for the hospitality and it still felt very much like Eid, even it was already the 27th day. Looking forward to eating more authentic Tawau food soon at their house. 😀

1 comment: