Friday, March 29, 2019

A SPOT TO BUY (FRESH) FISH AND SEA PRODUCTS IN JOHOR BAHRU


I had heard of this place but never set foot here. Today, however, I was there for the very first time, despite the fact it is not far away from my house, in Bakar Batu. THE REASON: I went to this fish market in Pandan two days ago and found there were no fresh fish supply and I ended up not buying anything. It was sad that the locals were forced to buy fish that were frozen/not fresh all the time. It reminded me of my recent trip to the market in Busan where fish being sold were still swimming in water tanks.


There was a bug river nearby but unfortunately, it did not look clean - rubbish could be seen floating on the water. But still, there were people doing water activities like rowing and canoeing.




There were a few stalls selling fish and other sea products there. There were also a steady flow of people coming to buy their daily needs in the morning. The choice was still limited though but at least, the items put on sale looked fresher than the ones I saw a few days ago in the market in Pandan.
















The place was actually set up specially for indigenous people to run their business but I saw a stall which was operated by people which obviously did not look indigenous at all.

I have another spot in Gelang Patah to visit to get my weekly supply of fish, but it is located further away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment