Thursday, March 14, 2019

SHOPPING AT PASAR MAIMON LIKE A LOCAL IN TANJUNG BALAI


7th FEBRUARY 2019 ~ In the morning of the second day in Tanjung Balai, we went to a wet market named Pasar Maimon. It was further away from the town centre so we took a taxi van which cost about Rupiah 2500 per person.


The market was divided into a few sections. The ground floor of the main building housed the wet market selling seafood and meat, while the upper floor was the place to get dry grocery for the kitchen.


I have to remind myself that I would have difficulty carrying the items from the hotel to the ferry terminal and then into the ferry, I had to restrain from buying too much. I found things were cheaper here and there were food products that could be found only here.














The other building which was attached to the main building was like a mall, which sold items like clothes. I was happy to see there were Tanjung Balai t-shirts for tourists too put on sale.


I would love to come back to Tanjung Balai just to visit the market and shop there, and go back home the very next day. Any taker?

No comments:

Post a Comment