Sunday, March 10, 2019

MY HOMETOWN GASTRONOMIC ADVENTURE - GREEN JADE REPUBLIC IN TAMAN UNIVERSITI


A date was set with two ex-students of SMK Taman Universiti [SPM batch 2012] right after school. Mr. Mohd. Syahir Kamal Affendi is home for a short while, between two papers during exam week while Mr. Mohd. Syafiq Basir who is currently studying in Japan is back for his semester break.


The place chosen was Green Jade Republic, an eating place which I witnessed its development from just a stall on a rented space in a restaurant at its early year to a proper business place on the first floor of a shop house block in the commercial spot of the residential area.


This was the first time for me visiting the new venue after moving there for more than a year. And the owner, whom I addressed as Mr. Ipin, still remembered my name when I went there today.


The place was a hit especially among the university students from the campus nearby because people get to eat food like "mee kari", "mee rebus", "rojak", "cendol" and ABC in the afternoon.






I could find many cats there, inside and outside the place.


I will have to come back again to see the cats and try other food. I must remember to bring a proper camera to take photos of the place which actually has a unique decor. The tab I brought just now would not do justice to the end products. And I will have to find the time when there are not many people eating - if that is even possible.

Thanks Mr. Syahir and Mr. Syafiq for the company and time. Hope to see them again some other time, in Japan (again) perhaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment