Tuesday, October 22, 2019

MEKONG RIVER CRUISE - BEFORE THE SKY TURNED RED


15th AUGUST 2019 ~ One of the plans in Phnom Penh was to go on the Mekong River Cruise. Once I already knew where to board the ferry, I walked to the jetty just in time before it was leaving. I couldn't remember how much the ticket was but it came together with a small cup of Coke filled with a lot of ice.






When the ferry moved away from land, the sky was still bright but the scenery was still beautiful. There were a lot of people and I couldn't find a vacant chair but that enabled me to move around the top deck easily.




The cruise covered both Tonle Sap and Mekong River actually.






























You could also eat your dinner on the ferry, which could be romantic to a certain degree.










Basically what people did was just sat on the ferry and observed the panoramic view of Phnom Penh city. I just thought it was just another ordinary cruise chasing after sunset and there was nothing impressive - not until the ferry made U-turn back to the jetty and the amazing phenomenon started to unfold before my very eyes.

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

No comments:

Post a Comment