Thursday, October 31, 2019

THE CAMBODIA ROYAL RAILWAY STATION


The Cambodia Railway Station is one of the historical buildings erected in the centre of Phnom Penh and this could be seen just by looking at the architecture. It was built in 1932 but was abandoned from 2005-2016. The present site now operates offering train services to Sihanoukville and Poipot, as well as the terminal for the airport shuttle train.


I was here when I first arrived on 13th August and when I was leaving on 16th August 2019. It was so far the calmest train station that I had even been to.










There was a cafe connected to the station. I wanted to try its coffee on promotion - with salted eggs but it was not available at that time unfortunately.








Similar to Vietnam coffee I had had in Ho Chi Minh, it was way to sweet for me.

You should use the shuttle train service to and from the airport which is very convenient - cheap and minus all the bad traffic jam of Phnom Penh. Read HERE about the shuttle train service which I took when I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment