Thursday, August 27, 2020

ATTENDING THE FIRST WEDDING RECEPTION SINCE MCO WAS FIRST IMPOSED IN MARCH


22nd AUGUST 2020 ~ Puan Hanizah Abdul Hamid, an ex-colleague of SMK Taman Universiti who moved to Selangor in 2015, invited me to her daughter's wedding, Ms. Nawal Atira Shamsul Azman, who is also an ex-student of the same school [SPM batch 2011]. I felt truly touched by her kind thought to still remember me despite the fact that we have been only in contact via Facebook all this while. As it was held during the short school break, besides the fact that I have not traveled cross the states for a long time, I had decided to attend my first wedding reception since the MCO was first imposed back in March.



We arrived at the venue, Veillaris Event & Wedding Venue, at Sungai Ramal Dalam, Bangi, at about 2:45 p.m. and there were not many people that time. The first people I met upon arriving outside the hall were Puan Hashazah, an ex-colleague of SMK Taman Universiti, her husband and son, who are all no strangers to me.


Then I saw Puan Raja Ainuraziyyah, another ex-colleague of SMKTUN who had opted out for early retirement, and her husband eating at one table so we just joined them.



A few minutes later, other people started arriving - Puan Yusidah Yusof who is still in SMKTUN, and two other ex-colleagues, Puan Noraliza Mazni and Puan Nadzlina Daud and their other family members.


The bride's younger brother #1


the bride's younger brother #2






The last three people I met before going home were Puan Noraiza, who is still in SMKTUN, and Puan Wan Noorziah with her husband, who left Johor Bahru for Putrajaya back in 2003.









Mr. Zakaria Mahzan

Puan Wan Noorziah and her husband


Mr. Muhammad Najmi Syukri,
ex-student SPM batch 2006

A wedding reception has always been a reunion session and this one had been one of the events where I had met many of my friends.

Thanks again Puan Hanizah Abdul Hamid for inviting. As for the bride and groom, congratulations and I wish them a lifetime of love and happiness together.

No comments:

Post a Comment