Sunday, August 2, 2020

A SHORT TRIP TO SUNGAI MELAYU FOR EARLY DINNER WITH AN EX-CLASSMATE


Mr. Abdul Razak Sapian, an ex-classmate of SM Sains Muar, was in town so a quick date was set. I first went to his (weekend's) house in Taman Nusajaya. The decision for the trip to Sungai Melayu [translate: Malay River] was actually made in the car while deciding where we should go for dinner. Born and bred in Johor Bahru but it was only my first time here and my friend from Kuala Lumpur had to be the tourist guide instead.


The place is situated by the mouth of the river, and I think it should be some kind of a fishing village before this, and still is.
 



There was this restaurant named Restoran Sri Pantai Asam Pedas, and based on the number of people dining in when we were there showed that this was a popular eating place,






THE VERDICT: Excellent "Stingray Asam Pedas" served and I don't mind coming back again. I must thank Mr. Abdul Razak for introducing to me this place now I can take other friends here when they come visiting.


For one thing, besides the good food, you could enjoy the view of the river and the mangrove swamps nearby on one side, and the contrasting view of skyscrapers and a developing city on the horizon on the other side.






















We then ventured out a bit more in the Malay village just to see the panoramic view of Tebrau Straits and Singapore just across. Even though I would not be able to cross over to a foreign country, at least I had the chance to have a glance through the international border. Guess we will still have to wait for a long time to be able to travel abroad again.








We had to leave Sungai Melayu as it was already dusk and the sky had turned orange-ish. I am looking forward for another dinner date with my ex-classmate as he will still be around these few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment