Sunday, September 19, 2021

DOING MY BIT FOR SOCIETY


The initial plan was to get fruits from the supermarket at Plaza Pelangi. Then I saw a Blood Donation Drive taking place at the open area of the mall and decided to contribute something to the society.


As I was about to get into my reclining seat, one of the nurses asked whether I am a teacher. So I asked her, how did she know? She told me that one of the nurses on duty is my ex-student of SMK Taman Universiti. I was fortunate enough as I suddenly had someone who had to become a photographer and this time, the whole thing could be documented.





Thanks Ms. Azlina Salam, from SPM batch 2003, for introducing yourself as my ex-student. It is always a pleasure to meet an ex-student after all these years. And thank you for helping me take photographs and she even recorded a video for me.



And there was a bagful of gifts for the donors this time, with all sorts of items inside - mostly food like biscuits, a bun, a cupcake, a mooncake, a bottle of mineral water, 100 Plus in a can and a Milo box drink. Then there were also face masks and a beauty facial mask, a small bottle of hand sanitizer and a red pen. Try to spot the odd one out. 😀

This was the first time I went home with a goodie bag filled with a lot of things inside. I guess if the organizers of Blood Donation Drive could offer something like this all the time, there would be more people coming to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment