Monday, August 5, 2024

THE LUNCH DATE WITH AN EX-STUDENT - AFTER 20 YEARS


A long time ago, I promised an ex-student [of SMK Taman Universiti] I would contact him if I was in Melaka. So when I had to attend a wedding reception there, I remembered my promise and searched for his name in my contact list on my handphone. Luckily I still had his name and sent him a Whatsapp message yesterday and he responded spontaneously.


A lunch date was set after I had checked out from the hotel and he was on his lunch break hour. The chosen venue was Pak Man Asam Pedas located somewhere in Bukit Katil.


The place should be a popular restaurant and it was full of diners when I arrived.






My ex-student was accompanied by his officemate and we became instant friend.


The Asam Pedas was delicious and the reunion lunch was a success. It had been 20 years since he left school.

I had to thank Mr. Azril Marjid for spending some of his precious time to see me despite his very tight schedule. Thanks also for the lunch treat as well as the food items bought at the nearby stalls for me to take home.

Hoping to see him again when I am going back to Melaka some other time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment