Friday, August 2, 2024

WALKING THE STREETS OF KOBE ONE HOT, SUMMER AFTERNOON


         18TH JULY 2024       ~ The walking tour around the city started as soon as I dropped my luggage at the hotel front desk. I had already told my ex-student, Mr. Muhammad Iqbal, much earlier not to walk too fast as I had an issue with my knees. Luckily, he obliged to my request and I tried my very best to keep my pace under the hot summer sun.





The first part of the walking tour took be to one mall and then there was this old shops with narrow lanes. This place would become lively at night as there were many shops selling liquors for people coming back from work.




To get to our first destination which was a bit far, we took the Loop Bus which looked like a special bus for tourists.






There was one part of the city which looked like the old quarters that were one inhibited by the Europeans a long time ago. The place was interesting but I did not spend too much time taking photos here as I was already tired and hungry.




I had the first glimpse of Kobe and I was impressed with its cleanliness and the recycling culture. Throwing rubbish properly was even a challenge as I could not find dustbins anywhere except at designated places like train stations. Kobe was also not a busy city, unlike Tokyo and Osaka, so life here seemed more relaxed. It was summer time in Japan and the hot weather made feel at home. 😀

The walking activity was only about to begin and I might have walked thousands [or may be millions of steps] during my stay there.

This was just only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment