Friday, November 1, 2019

RACHANA HOSTEL IN PHNOM PENH


I stayed at Rachana Hostel from 13th-16th August 2019, and it was a pleasant stay I must say.

the lobby

My first impression was this would be an old hotel by looking at the front facade of the building. Surprisingly it turned out to be cozy and everything was just fine.


WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THIS HOSTEL?
  • The room is spacious and clean, worth the reasonable fare.
  • People at the front desk are really friendly and helpful. (One girl lent me her money for me to pay the tuk tuk driver upon arriving as I did not have small change)
  • The hostel is strategically located. The museum, palace and Sisowath Quay are all withing walking distance.
  • The room is equipped with a kettle and a wide flat screen television.



OTHER THINGS YOU MAY CONSIDER:
  • There is no lift. The stairs are steep and this could cause difficulties if you have a huge bag or you have problems with your feet climbing up.
  • It is an old building so I think in any case of emergency, there is only one way out.



view from the window




the wide corridor outside








wardrobe with an open concept



I climbed up to the rooftop to get the view of the city the morning before going back.




If I were to come back to Phnom Penh, I would love to stay at this hostel again. Pray that I will still be healthy to walk up all those stairs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment