Monday, May 18, 2020

THE DIARY OF A MALAYSIAN TRAVELLING HOME FROM ABROAD DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC - PART FIVE





9th MAY 2020 [Quarantine Day 2]

The alarm went off at 5 a.m. to wake me up for my sahur [early morning meal efore dawn to prepare ourselves for fasting. It was "Nasi Dagang" and fish ball soup.

sahur food day 2

When I peeped through the view hole on the o in the afternoon, I saw something on the chair. When I took it inside, it was just actually a piece of garbage bag. It struck me that whatever rubbish that came out from our rooms was considered as clinical waste, hence it needed to be tied nicely and put outside before it was collected and disposed.





break fast food day 2


By 6.00 p.m., the meal for our break fast had already arrived on the chair outside the door. This time, a supply of home surveillance kit which consisted of a face mask, a small bottle of hand sanitizer and mouth wash, and also a temperature strip. We need to monitor our body temperature daily and report to the medical staff if we catch a fever.


10th MAY 2020 [QUARANTINE DAY 3]

sahur food day 3



Today I decided to do some light physical exercises so as to keep healthy and to strengthen the immune system - but just for a short period of time. At least I tried and still hoped there would be some positive outcome. Once in a while, I would look out of the window, just to see what was there outside. There were a lot of shopping malls around the Grand Millennium Hotel which is located in Bukit Bintang area. On one hand, in a normal situation, I would have done the real physical exercise by walking and doing window shopping. On the other hand, I managed to save a lot of money just by looking at them from my quarantine room. By this time, peeping through the view hole could be something that could bring joy to me as it was the only real contact with people in the real world as well as to see if there would be anything new left for me on the chair. How sad!



break fast food day 3

FAST FORWARD







17th MAY 2020 [Quarantine Day 10]

The same mundane things had been repeated in the quarantine room - day in, day out. I just tried to make the best out of it and keep telling myself: this would soon be over, soon. In fact, there is nothing interesting to share from this locked door but I am thankful, up until now, my two daughters who are in the other two separate rooms, are still doing well and free from the evil COVID-19 virus. Four more days to go - FOUR! to our long awaited freedom.




TO BE CONTINUED IN PART SIX ....

No comments:

Post a Comment